Online Estate Sales
Posted on Jul 13, 2018
Posted by Larry Dean
1-2 Another can downsize many of your items from your residence using our “online” estate sale concept. This service is an advantage to you when:
· you don’t want a large number of individuals walking through your residence like they do on a regular estate sale,
· you lack the number of items to conduct a typical residential estate sale,
· you have antiques or other items that may have a broader appeal, more so than local potential buyers, or
· you have Homeowner Association restrictions or parking limitations which prevent regular estate sales.
How our Service Works:
1. Your items have an option to be marketed both locally and nationally online for 7 days. Locally there over 16,000 individuals (and more than 1 million nationally) that have opted in to receive notices about our estate sales.
2. You receive 65% of the gross revenue, less a service fee passed through to us by the online servicing company on each item that sells (approximately 6.3%).
3. Buyers pay for their items using our online credit card processing system. We pay all of the credit card fees involved.
4. As few as 25 items are required to conduct the sale from your residence. We do request that you complete our inventory listing sheet best describing each item, dimensions, etc. The more we know about your items, the easier it is for us to market them!
5. 1-2 Another is paid $250 if we conduct the sale from your residence. This service fee includes the cost of photographing your items (several photos of each item), inventory of your items, assistance in pricing, staging tables or related equipment as needed, and to cover the cost of picking up items that did not sell to be placed in our warehouse pending an additional marketing effort.
6. If you have fewer than 25 items to downsize, or if you want to be assured you don't have a minimum fee, you may bring your items to our warehouse, or for a small fee we will pick up your items, and then we will combine them with other estate sale items and conduct the estate sale from our facility.
7. No minimum earnings or number of items are required as long as you bring your items to the 1-2 Another warehouse.
8. Clothing, used standard kitchen items, perishable or damaged items are excluded, as are items that you normally find at a garage sale.
9. Prices remain firm an entire 7 days. We assist you in setting the prices, based on our experience in the estate sale market.
10. If an item does not sell, then it is relisted (at no cost to you), for another 7-day sale.
11. On the second sale attempt, your items are reduced 25% of the initial sale asking price for the first 4 days, and on Days 5-7 prices are reduced by 50%.
12. Your remaining sale items after the second sale attempt are picked up by 1-2 Another for no extra charge, where they become part of an online auction, with 60% of the high bid going to 1-2 Another to assist us in covering the added cost of retrieving the items.
13. You have the option to have our Online Coordinator list selected items on Facebook's Marketplace. There is a $5 per item fee if you want to include this marketing advantage. You receive 50% of the selling price on tems sold on Marketplace
The real object on your part is to downsize. We do nearly all the legwork and share the proceeds with you.
Back to Blogs