Why our Estate Sales-Bid online auctions might be a possible solution when downsizing
Posted on Aug 31, 2018
Posted by Larry Dean
Why & When to Consider an Online Auction of your Estate Items
- The auction gives you a way to quickly and permanently downsize your items.
- Our online auction service is known as Estate Sales-Bid; this service eliminates the crowd associated with a traditional estate sale, garage sale or on-site auction.
- Auctioning almost always brings you more income than having a garage sale; and remember, we do all the work for you.
- The general public determines the final selling price or perceived selling value; therefore, no pricing issues exist (and you can place a "Reserve" on certain items).
- Eliminates Family Issues: If you have items that more than one relative wants, but you don't want to disappoint someone by giving the item to only one relative, then they can bid on the item during the online auction. If you are dividing the proceeds of your auction amoung the relatives, they can use their share of the income to help pay for those items they decided to bid on.
- We can conduct the auction from your home when you have a lot of items to downsize, and then only the high bidders will come at a predetermined time to pick up their items (and, again, we do all the work and handling for you).
- Estate Sales-Bid accepts credit cards ... the prefered method of payment by most buyers.
- We can conduct the auction from our location when you have only a few items to downsize. With prior notification, and our acceptance of your auction items, just bring them to our showroom Tuesday - Saturday, 11am - 5pm. Please no clothing, perishables, amunition, or items needing security clearance.
- You control what to do with any item that fails to receive a bid, or fails to meet the minimum “Reserve” price you have established. Our normal practice is to feature your unsold items in a subsequent auction with a starting price being half the amount used on the initial sale.
- Our fee when you initiate an online auction is normally 50% of the revenue received. This can be less on high ticket items.
- Not all items sell well on consignment. They are better suited for one of our auctions.
If you want to discuss your specific situation, please call or send a text message to Larry Dean at 913-909-3749, or send an email to: Larry@1-2Another.com
Back to Blogs